HOW TO Install HP Data Protector 5.5 on Linux
This manual describes the install of HP Data Protector 5.5 Core component, Disk Agent and Media Agent on a Linux server. In this manual the backup server is backupserver.demo.local and the linux server is linuxserver.demo.local
The HP Data Protector 5.5 suite does not contain a simple installation for Linux Agents, therefore this manual is necessary.
This manual uses:
- hp OpenView Storage Data Protector 5.5 for HP-UX 11.23 IA-64 cdrom
- Enterprise Linux / CentOS installation on server (linuxserver.demo.local)
- putty and winscp
Please check these components before continuing installation.
- Use winscp in binary mode to copy DP_A0550_UXia64_IS.sd_depot from the cdrom to /var/tmp on the linux server
- Connect to the linux server with putty.
- Logon with root credentials
- type vi /etc/hosts
- add 10.10.10.10 backupserver.demo.local to the hosts file
- go to dir where depot file remains
- extract the depot file
- create a temporary installation location
- go there
· extract the omni installer from utils to the temp install location
- type cp /var/tmp/DATA-PROTECTOR/OMNI-CORE-IS/opt/omni/databases/vendor/omnicf/gpl/i386/linux-60/A.05.50/packet.Z /tmp/omni_tmp
- copy the core component to the temp install location
- install the core component
- the packet.Z file is removed after installation
- you’ll get an error message like ‘Warning: Update of the omni_info file failed for co! Omniback II software package successfully installed !’ but that’s ok.
- copy the disk agent component to the temp installation location
- install the disk agent component
- copy the media agent component to the temp install location
- install the media agent component
- go to the bottom of the file add the portnumber 5555 to the omni service like omni 5555/tcp # DATA-PROTECTOR
- restart xinetd so that omni will start