To Install Ubuntu
Ubuntu can be installed with the graphical CD. Make sure that your computer is set to boot from a CD before a hard drive.
- Insert the Ubuntu disc into your CD drive.
- Start or restart your computer. The Language screen appears. If you reboot your computer and do not see the language selection screen (seen below without the option to try without installing), please refer to BootFromCD.
- Select your desired language and click Install Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. The Where are you? window appears.
- Select the location closest to your location and click Forward. The Keyboard layout window appears.
- If the Suggested option is not correct, select the correct keyboard layout. Click Forward. The Allocate drive space window appears.
- If you want to install Ubuntu over your entire hard drive, then Select Erase disk and install Ubuntu and select the hard drive that you want to install Ubuntu.Click Forward.
WARNING: Installing Ubuntu on your entire hard disk will erase all data that is currently on the drive.
- If you want to install Ubuntu on a single partition Dual Booting, Select Guided – resize. In the New partition size area, drag the area between the two partitions to create your desired partition sizes. Click Forward.
- The Who are you? window appears.
- Enter the requested information, and click Forward. The Ready to install window appears.
- Verify that the language, layout, location, and personal information are correct and click Install. The installation wizard begins.
- When the installation wizard finishes, the Installation complete window appears.Click Restart now to restart your computer. Ubuntu is now installed.