Step by Step Netbeans 6.9 Installation in CentOS 5.5:
NetBeans 7.1.2 on Fedora 17/16, CentOS/RHEL 6.2/5.7:
NetBeans 7.1.2 is released and this is guide with screenshots, howto install NetBeans 7.1.2 on Fedora 17/16/15/14/13/12, CentOS 6.2/6.1/6/5.7 and Red Hat (RHEL) 6.2/6.1/6/5.7.
What is NetBeans?
Whats New on NetBeans 7.1 (7.1.2)?
- JavaFX 2.0.2 SDK support
- Batch refactoring tool for bulk changes in Java Editor
- New UI Debugger for JavaFX and Swing
- Support for GlassFish 3.1.1 and WebLogic 12c
- Improved support for CDI, EJB, JSF, Spring, Web Services
- Subversion and Mercurial enhancements and bundled Git support
- Maven enhancements
- PHP enhancements
Install NetBeans 7.1.2 on Fedora 17/16, CentOS 6.2/5.7, Red Hat (RHEL) 6.2/5.7
1. Install Sun’s Java
I recommend to install Sun’s Java, because I think NetBeans works faster with Sun’s Java. Here is the guide, howto install Sun/Oracle Java JDK 7 on Fedora, CentOS, Red Hat (RHEL). OpenJDK should also work. check with below url:
2. Download NetBeans 7.1.2
Select best suitable version or select whole package.
3. Change to root
su - ## OR ## sudo -i
4. Make package executable
chmod +x netbeans-7.1.2-ml-linux.sh
4. Run installer (as root)
5. NetBeans IDE Welcome Screen
6. Accept NetBeans Licenses
7. Choose a NetBeans Installation Directory and JDK version
If GlassFish Application Server is also selected to Installation then select Directory also for GlassFish:
8. Check NetBeans Installation Summary
9. Installing NetBeans IDE
10. NetBeans IDE Installation Complete
11. Start NetBeans 7.1.2 IDE
/path/to/netbeans-7.1.2/bin/netbeans ## Example ## /opt/netbeans-7.1.2/bin/netbeans
Or Start NetBeans with using desktop launcher.